Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Intro to Meet The Producer...

I don't know how many times over the years that I've wished for a producing mentor to guide me, to bounce ideas off of, to even reassure me that I'm doing fine as I keep stumbling along following my Muse.

So, I've come up with this questionnaire, and I plan to ask fellow creative producers to respond to it at this blog for your illumination and hopefully, inspiration:

Sustaining the Muse
A Producing Questionnaire
  • How did you get started as a producer?
  • What do you look for in a project, and how do you decide whether to commit to getting it made?
  • Do you have a Big Dream or career goal? What inspires you to produce movies?
  • What’s the hardest part of producing, in your opinion?
  • Name a movie, or several, that you wish you had produced.
  • How much time tends to pass between projects for you? Is this intentional? What do you do during this downtime?
  • Do you produce multiple projects simultaneously, all the time, or do you prefer to focus on one at a time? Why?
  • How do you pay the bills? Do you earn your livelihood from producing, or do/did you have a “day job” or do other income-earning activities?
  • How long did it (will it) take to support yourself as a producer?
  • Whose producing career(s) do you respect/admire?
If you have ideas, suggestions for additions or deletions, I'm all ears (and eyeballs)! I'm hoping to post responses from my first guest producer in August.

No comments: